In just a few days, on September 30, Woodrise 2019, an international conference on mid- and high-rise wood construction, opens in Quebec City. Under the theme Building our Cities for Future Generations, Woodrise is an international forum that will bring together major stakeholders, decision-makers, and professionals in the field of medium and high-rise building construction to join forces to make wood the essential material for the development of sustainable cities.
A world-class program
Woodrise 2019 has put in place a world-class program, which will bring together specialists and experts from the various fields of interest discussed during the conference. The program includes, among others:
- International policies with regard to wood construction
- Emergence of timber construction projects worldwide
- Contribution of timber construction to the bioeconomy and carbon market
- Wood as a tool in science and technology for urban densification
- Impact of wooden cities on quality of life and comfort.
- Technical workshops
Technical workshops on the following properties of mid- and high-rise wood construction will also be presented. Workshops will discuss:
- Acoustic and vibration performances
- Seismic risk prevention
- Fire safety
- Forest resources and wood products
- Asian construction market: R&D and markets
- Durable building enclosure design.
Stay connected to Woodrise 2019
Attendees will have the ability to download the Attendify mobile app to stay connected and up-to-date throughout Woodrise 2019. The app allows real-time access to the presentation schedules, further information on the speakers and exhibitors, and additional information on the event. It will also be used as a tool for questions during the plenary session.
And much more!
Participants also have access to a B2B networking platform, a large exhibition zone showcasing major industry stakeholders in addition to a technological showcase offering short presentations on new technologies and services. Numerous technical tours are also available as part of the program.
There are still a few days left to register.