Learn how to get the most wood from the least amount of fuel and time, thus improving profit margins thanks to the Smart Operator for Forestry workshop presented by FPInnovations ‘ Transportation group.
Knowing that machine operators have a large impact on fuel efficiency and productivity, this course teaches participants how to choose the right machines for the job, when to replace them, and how to operate them to reduce an operation’s energy intensity, or fuel per unit of production.
The 3 hour-course introduces the concept of tracking fuel use and the factors that drive energy intensity.
As a result, workshop participants can save on fuel costs and boost productivity by up to 10%.
What will participants learn?
• Energy efficiency – What is it? And why does it matter?
• Fuel management – tracking fuel use
• Developing a plan to reduce energy intensity
• Operating for energy intensity
• Basics of spec’ing equipment
• Improving machine performance and buying new equipment
Who should attend?
• Logging machine operators
• Logging contractors and company owners
• Forest company operations’ supervisors
For more information and course schedules please contact Cameron Rittich.