FPInnovations is proud to be offering once more its unique and popular annual one-week Pulp, Paper, and Bioproducts Course. The course will take place at our headquarters in Pointe-Claire (Quebec) from Monday October 15 until Friday October 19, 2018.
FPInnovations’ industry-specific knowledge and experience adds priceless value and insight to this course and its participants. With topics ranging from fibre supply to final products and new bioproducts, this course is an excellent opportunity for those wishing to enhance their technical knowledge in pulp, paper, and bioproducts!
Through presentations and hands-on demonstrations, the Pulp, Paper and Bioproducts Course is carefully and specifically designed to provide comprehensive understanding of pulp and paper manufacturing as well as an introduction to the emerging bioproducts industry for a wide range of professionals in the industry, mainly newly hired engineering interns, process engineers, technical staff, and sales representatives.
The course covers various subjects including:
– Basic concepts of wood chemistry, pulping, papermaking and paper properties
– Pulp and paper manufacturing processes, from raw materials to final products
– How Canada works efficiently as a responsible forest resource developer by regulating and monitoring possible negative impacts to forest ecosystems from pulp and paper production to ensure healthy environment and sustainable production
– How the properties of products can be modified through different combinations of pulping and other processing methods, and treatment conditions at each step.
– How the Canadian pulp and paper industry benefits through developing bioproducts and adopting emerging technologies.
Note that this training course can be useful to people with P. Eng. and other professional designations to meet their Continuous Professional Development requirements. We will issue a certificate to each participant after the training course. The cost is $3,000.
For more information and to register, please contact Janet Labuc.