All activities in the forest—whether harvesting, transportation or sylviculture—carry their share of risk. A variety of maneuvers and situations may cause accidents and have consequences on workers’ health.
Given the importance of this matter, a number of stakeholders are involved in prevention. The research and development sector is also active in this regard, on the lookout for new and safer work methods as well as new technologies that will help increase safety in forest operations.
The La sécurité en forêt en 2018 : où en sommes-nous? (Forest safety in 2018: where are we now?”) symposium, which will be held in Quebec City this coming April 28, is providing an opportunity to hear from a number of stakeholders supporting the forest industry in this respect—including Prévibois, CNESST, FPInnovations and the IRSST—on various aspects of health and safety in forest operations. Exhibitors will also be taking part in the event to showcase their latest products and services in the field.
The objectives of the event are to present information on, and discuss:
- the latest developments and technologies in the field of forest health and safety
- research findings relating to health and safety in forest operations
- new avenues of research and development
- the implementation of successful health and safety initiatives
- suppliers of products and services in the field
More information on this conference and details of the program for this daylong event may be found online at oifq.com/ColloqueSST2018.